Egyptological Museum Downloader Bookmarkletversion 1.5 (16 July 2023)
The aim of this bookmarklet is to facilitate downloading images of Egyptian objects from the websites of major museums.
- Click on the 'Museum Downloader' link on the main page and drag it to your browser’s bookmarks bar (also called 'favorites bar' in some browsers).
- Open an object page of an online museum catalogue, which contains images.
- Press the link 'Museum Downloader' on your bookmarks bar.
- Depending on the museum, the tool will attempt to either download all available images or open all images in new tabs. Your browser may ask if you allow the website to download multiple files or to open multiple pop ups. If you do not allow, the bookmarklet does not work. However, you only have to allow once, for each museum.
- Look in your downloads folder.
It opens all images in new tabs for the Brooklyn Museum, Metropolitan Museum, and Institute for the Study of Ancient Cultures Museum (Chicago).
The bookmarklet was tested in Firefox, Chrome, and Edge under Microsoft Windows. It does not work in Internet Explorer.
I should like to thank Tobias Konrad for reporting a bug in an earlier version of this bookmarklet.